Rock Hall Benefit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Cary's big celebration

5 posters

Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty What happened to Cary's big celebration

Post  FredR Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 am

When this was first announced I recall plans for Cary to hold a Rock and Roll week, with lots of activities and events leading up to the concert. None of this occurred. The Cary News doesn't even have anything on the front page this week. whenever I ask anyone if they are going to the concert the reaction is What concert? When I tell them they say Huh?

What happened? Why is this not as big a deal as initially planned?

Fred

FredR

Back to top Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty Re: What happened to Cary's big celebration

Post  disappoi Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Because of the turd of a lineup -- why else?

disappoi

Back to top Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty Re disappointed and the lineup Nice response, are you 12?

Post  studly61 Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Dear disappointed,

What did you expect the lineup to be? You can go to Walnut creek and pay $150 to see crap like Journey, so these prices for a one-off show with the original artists are pretty good !I bought tickets in the third row on day one and for $100 I get two nights of rock n' roll plus an after party, pictures,meeting the guys,etc? seems pretty cheap to me. Who were you expecting to show up? Dylan The Stones, Jonas Brothers? No promises were made as to the lineup other than what people read into it for themselves....
I think Mr. Townshend said it best;

"I call it a bargain, the best I ever had"

studly61

Back to top Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty Re disappointed and the lineup Nice response, are you 12?

Post  rockfan Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Good answer Studly!! This person obviously has nothing better to do with his time than to come on this fourm and complain - he/she tried it before... I guess that Disappointed can wait until next year and hope that this show comes back here again with artists that better meet those lofty expectations - or not. Of course, if he/she doesn't like the 80s bands up to the 90s grunge era - then Disappointed will be back on here once again to waste his/her time...

Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

rockfan

Back to top Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty the BEST bargain ever

Post  jamais vu Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:10 pm

I'd pay fifty bucks to see JUST Dave Mason or JUST Jack Bruce. Awesome stuff. It's going to be a blast! I'm so jacked up I can't stand it! What a Face

jamais vu

Back to top Go down

What happened to Cary's big celebration Empty Re: What happened to Cary's big celebration

Post  PirateTheWind Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Heck, I bought my tickets based only on Dennis DeYoung and Buck Dharma.
Everyone else is just a big bonus.

I don't know who Disappointed was expecting to be here, but I can't see how anyone with a brain can call this a turd of a lineup.

PirateTheWind

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:56 pm

PirateTheWind wrote:I can't see how anyone with a brain can call this a turd of a lineup.

Bingo!!
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Someone removed my own post that I wrote on this topic last night -- there was a whole week of activities -- so I'm sorry, the Forum needs to come down.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum