Rock Hall Benefit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Incredible

+4
thumper
djknorr
Blindtiger
woody
8 posters

Go down

This is Incredible Empty This is Incredible

Post  woody Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Folks, this is going to be awesome- like being tuned into the best classic rock station on the radio, but it's all live!
I'm going to drag out all the old albums (yes, still have a turn table and great speakers that work!) and begin listening.....
And Rick, THE MAN- would really like to buy you one of your favorite "adult Beverages" --and have it delivered to the THRONE where you will be seated. king Would that be possible. ?
I too have been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996- it was the most memorable part of the trip. Still talk about it.

woody

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty Re: This is Incredible

Post  Rick Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 am

Thanks Woody, that is very kind and I will take you up on that in Sept. I'm posting this from Las Vegas where I just spent the evening with some friends of mine from Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick, who are playing here tomorrow. I'm bringing back with me signed Fender guitars to auction at the after party.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 am

Oh that's just too cool. O, to be in your shoes. Very Happy
Blindtiger
Blindtiger

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty Afterparty???

Post  djknorr Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 am

Rick,

How does one get to attend the afterparty?
djknorr
djknorr

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah, is there any way to even meet some of these guys WITHOUT the VIP tix?
I believe that was included with the better tickets. Just hopefully wondering. Razz

woody

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:39 pm

It's going to be tough. We may put a limited number of after party tickets on sale via eTix but it depends on how many sponsor tickets are first distributed and whether the City of Raleigh gives us 1) a variance to put a tent outside Deep South to accomodate more people; and 2) whether they lift the noise ordinance for the after party to go past 2 on Saturday night. But yeah, that is why the VIP tickets carry so much value. I will keep people posted if they become available.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  thumper Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 am

I hate to bring this up Rick, but doesn't that plan sort of devalue the VIP tickets already sold? Like you said,
"that is why the VIP tickets carry so much value", and why they sold out so quickly (23 minutes to be exact). I'm betting current ticket holders aren't going to be too happy, unless of course you add some value to their tickets as well. Maybe you can raffle off one of those autographed guitars among the current ticket holders to get them onboard? The new release of afterparty tickets would also have to be very pricey to match what current ticket holders paid. Also, like you said it is going to be tough, because of the noise ordinance and the 2am alcohol cut-off issues.

BTW- How many sponsor tickets are out there?
thumper
thumper

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:59 am

You're right here- really would'nt be fair to those that have paid alot more.
I figured the regular seats were going to be better because of being closer to the stage- but hell- when I found out about the after party.... by then, it was too late. It will still be great to be there!

woody

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:16 am

Oh, and is the Saturday night show REALLY lasting til 2 am?

woody

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 am

One more question and then I'll shut up. I'm sure the concert will be recorded- we will be able to buy a copy, right Rick? bounce

woody

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty Post-show

Post  BlindFai Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am

Hey Woody,

The amphitheatre (Cary) has an 11:00pm limit, so the end of the show should be around then. These guys are talking about the post-show party at Deep South - which is in Raleigh - I'm assuming the Raleigh noise ordinance kicks in at last call (2 a.m.) and that's the variance they're discussing.

BlindFai

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 pm

thumper wrote:I hate to bring this up Rick, but doesn't that plan sort of devalue the VIP tickets already sold? Like you said,
"that is why the VIP tickets carry so much value", and why they sold out so quickly (23 minutes to be exact).

VIP tickets don't typically, at any show, mean all access passes to everything. It just means that you paid more money to get an unobstructed view at a table where you don't have to bump elbows or share arm rests with the common folk...and hopefully you get waited on instead of having to trek back to the concessions. When the "VIP" tix went on sale there was no expectation of an after party. If I owned a VIP/Corporate box at TWC Pavillion I wouldn't expect to go backstage after every show to party with the talent.

Clearly, we on the forum are all big fans of classic rock and we are now the most informed fans about this show because of all the information that Rick has been gracious enough to share with us, but it's almost more than we need to know. I look forward to having fun at the show and being one of the fortunate 7000 (?) people who had enough sense to buy a ticket!
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Well- --well said Dave! It's gonna be so cool either way!
Gonna miss all of this next week- going to Topsail Beach (pronounced Top- Sul) for a little fishing and fun in the sun with the family. You guys "keep 'em straight out dar", and don't do anything RASH while I'm gone. Look forward to checking back when I get home- Happy Summer -to all of us with "the chairs stuck to our assess" - and everybody else. lol! Cool

woody

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty VIP Tickets

Post  Fred Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:33 pm

I think it was Rick that said:

that is why the VIP tickets carry so much value", and why they sold out so quickly (23 minutes to be exact)

I can tell you it was much less than 23 minutes. I was number 4 in line at the box office and wanted 2 VIP tix and they were gone by the time I got to the front. It was more like 5 minutes. I was not a happy camper that day.

Fred

Fred

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Woody
I predict that by Wednesday morning at the latest, you'll be in the Top-sul Public Library trying to find an internet connection!!
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  woody Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:52 pm

You are so right!!
Crying or Very sad
Hopefully--- can take the laptop- and maybe they will have wireless there.
Ya'll are the best. Hang on for me. Woody

woody

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty Re: VIP Tickets

Post  thumper Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 am

Actually Fred, it was me that said the VIP seats sold out in 23 minutes. I don't know how to tell you this, but I got mine online about the time you got to the window. A friend asked me later to check on some for him and I found them (best as I recall) about 10 minutes later. They were far corner right of stage and I was afraid they would be obstructed view so I didn't scarf them up. Reconsidered and went back for them almost immediately and they were gone. Can't expalin that but something similar happened a couple days later with the seats my bud eventually ended up with. I had tried to pick him and his wife up a couple in the reserved seating after passing up the VIPs. They were showing sold out too at 10:23. (that may be where I got the 10:23 from) I happened to think about it again a couple days later and on a whim logged on to ticketmaster to see if there were any more seats released (thought maybe someone might have put some on a bum credit card or something). Sure enough, two popped up center stage a couple rows forward of the sound tower. Imagine the luck! What can I say, persistence pays and now my friends are smilin' again!

Actually Dave, you are mistaken about the afterparty being an afterthought. It was announced by Rick that tix for that were included with the VIP tickets the day before they went on sale when he broke the show announcement on FM 101.1 . Still not sure how that is going to work because it isn't indicated on the ticket stub. I'm assuming that the show stub is the afterparty admission stub as well?
thumper
thumper

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:21 am

thumper wrote:Actually Dave, you are mistaken about the afterparty being an afterthought. It was announced by Rick that tix for that were included with the VIP tickets the day before they went on sale when he broke the show announcement on FM 101.1 . Still not sure how that is going to work because it isn't indicated on the ticket stub. I'm assuming that the show stub is the afterparty admission stub as well?

I noticed just yesterday as I was looking around on the main "Performers" section of the website that Pre and Post Show Events is part of the marketing. I realized that I should get on the forum, eat a little crow, and retract my previous rant...must've been one of those days Embarassed !! Rock on!!
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey guys I can help with this: When you arrive at the show on Saturday with your VIP ticket, there will be a table set up just inside the front gate. You will show your VIP ticket there and receive a wristband. That wristband will get you into the VIP tent and the after-party. If it is removed, no admittance to either location, even with the VIP ticket stub because that could theoretically be passed to someone else.

As for as the after-party, if you have a VIP ticket, admittance is included. If not it will be a separate $100 ticket as there will be live performances by some of the artists, a midnight breakfast buffet, an open bar for beer and wine, silent and live auctions of signed artist memoribilia, etc. Now whether any of those will actually be put on sale to the general public depends on whether the City of Raleigh allows us to close the street and put up a tent connected to Deep South, so that we can increase the number of available tickets, and whether the city lifts its 2 a.m. noise ordinance. If they don't then the party needs to be contained within Deep South and no after-party tickets will be released due to the bar's limited capacity. If they do, then some TBD number will probably be made available at that $100 cost. The after-party is going to be incredible and the planning has taken months. At this point we are just waiting on the City's decision

Rick

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty After Party

Post  Rocky Raccoon Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks for bringing this great event to Cary and for all your efforts. You and all the contributors have made this a lot of fun playing the guessing game. That's what got us into the music in the first place.....the fun. I bought two VIP tix mostly so that my 12 year old son could get a taste
of what classic Rock is like live. Anyway will there be any issues with him attending the after party? Thanks. Great job!!!

Rocky Raccoon

Back to top Go down

This is Incredible Empty After Party

Post  rockfan Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 pm

Rocky - you read my mind. My 17 year old is going with me and is just bustin' at the seams with anticipation. We have VIP tickets and he desperately wants to attend the After Party - is there an age restriction at all Rick? Thanks for all you've done, for sharing all of the information that you have, and for gearing us up for one of the greatest events of my lifetime!

rockfan

Back to top Go down

Post  NCRockFan Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Rocky Raccoon wrote:Thanks for bringing this great event to Cary and for all your efforts. You and all the contributors have made this a lot of fun playing the guessing game. That's what got us into the music in the first place.....the fun. I bought two VIP tix mostly so that my 12 year old son could get a taste
of what classic Rock is like live. Anyway will there be any issues with him attending the after party? Thanks. Great job!!!

I agree wholeheartedly that this has been alot of fun. Back in the day, before the internet & Ticketmaster, we had to actually camp out, at the venue, for tickets. Often that was as more fun than the actual concert. In a weird sort of way, this brings back some of that fun. It definitely has increased my anticipation.

NCRockFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just happy our community has the chance to host this and people are having fun with it. We had some naysayers at the beginning because of how we chose to roll this out but we didn't want this to be just another run-of-the mill concert announcement or show for that matter. In this day of being able to buy any ticket to any show in any city if one has the means to do so, we wanted something unique that you'd only be able to see here at this one moment in time. I think we've pulled it off.

Anyway, as to the after party question, whew, that is a tough one. I have young daughters and want to bring them as well. It is a private party but we will be serving beer and wine without charge, which leaves it open to interpretation by the ABC Commission as to whether we can allow anyone in that is under 21. We will need a ruling. As soon as I know, I will post to this forum.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum