Rock Hall Benefit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clues???

4 posters

Go down

The Clues??? Empty The Clues???

Post  RegalGuy Tue May 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Who knows who these people are I wanna know!!!
Tell me

RegalGuy

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Re: The Clues???

Post  Rock On! Tue May 13, 2008 4:54 pm

With the John Entwistle Foundation involved you have to suspect a strong Who tie-in, don't you?

Rock On!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodg44 Tue May 13, 2008 7:29 pm

I did some searching and I think they are Mark Hitt and Steve Luongo

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty I have a question

Post  oldskool Thu May 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Is Dio gonna be there?

oldskool

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Roger Waters

Post  el pirat Sat May 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Not sure how true this is, but I heard it straight from a local rock radio station DJ in person. This DJ says that Roger Waters has agreed to apear.

Again, take that how you will. Just stating what I am told.

el pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  rock fan Sun May 18, 2008 4:25 pm

That's interesting about Roger Waters. Very cool if it's true. I'm pretty sure whoever said Mark Hitt and Steve Luongo is right. They played together in the John Entwistle Band so it makes sense.

rock fan

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty my guess

Post  cmeyer Mon May 19, 2008 3:51 pm

My guess is Mark Hitt, Steve Luongo, and Steve Perry...

cmeyer

Back to top Go down

Post  tdempsey Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I heard a rumor today that deep purple was reuniting to play the show, which fits with someone's earlier post about classic rock cares. I've seen mark hitt play in Jersey years ago -- an ungodly guitar talent.

tdempsey

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty clues

Post  Rodg44 Mon May 19, 2008 7:31 pm

The answer to the last clue is Mark Farner,formerly of Grand Funk Railroad.We're An American Band hit #1 on his 25th birthday.

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Clue 4

Post  Rodg44 Thu May 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Answer to Clue 4 is Joe Lynn Turner,former lead singer for Deep Purple and Rainbow.

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Clue 5

Post  Rodg44 Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 am

The answer to Clue 5 is Buck Dharma(Donald Roeser) of Blue Oyster Cult

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty WTF!

Post  Rocker f Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 pm

In a way everybody, this is kinda fun, the secrecy and the game, but wtf, I WANNA KNOW NOW!!!
Nevertheless, as far as I've read, if the answers and rumors are true from the previous posts, looks like I'll be looking forward the this MIGHTY show! afro Cool

Rocker f

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Artists

Post  Benefit Tue May 27, 2008 1:08 pm

You guys are good. I'm happy to confirm that Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult and Joe Lynn Turner of Deep Purple and Rainbow are the first two headliners to sign on to the show. They will be joined on stage by several members of the former John Entwistle Band, including Steve Luongo, Mark Hitt and Jeff Ganz, so you can expect a good dose of The Who music. Expect another half dozen or so major headliners to be added over the next two months, including some very big names, so stayed tuned and get your tickets early as the show will sell-out quickly and scalpers prices will go through the roof when the other headliners are announced. Out.

Rick French

Benefit

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Artists

Post  Rodg44 Tue May 27, 2008 6:34 pm

I thought more artists were going to be announced today.So I was getting excited about nothing? I already knew the artists from the clues.We want more names before we spend our hard earned money.

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Concert Chairman

Post  Concert Chairman Tue May 27, 2008 11:04 pm

From the beginning we said two would be announced today and then one new headliner every couple of weeks. If we announce the full line-up prior to putting tickets on sale, very few people in the Triangle would be able to land tickets at anything close to affordable prices due to secondary market ticket brokers using computerized programs to overwhelm Ticketmaster and buy the majority of the available inventory. Since we only have 7,000 tickets in total we are trying to keep that from happening. That is why the best seats to the biggest shows are gone moments after they go on sale and you can immediately find them on Stub Hub at 2-3x the face value. We want people locally to have a shot at the tickets at face value. You will have to trust us ... it will be well worth the wait. Hope this helps explains our rationale.

Concert Chairman

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Answers to Clues

Post  MrsPops Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Here are the answers!

Clue #1 is Mark Hitt http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/rock/hitt.htm

Clue #2 is Steve Luongo www.steveluongo.com

Clue #3 Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Farner

Clue #4 Joe Lynn Turner http://www.joelynnturner.com/popupreader.php?page=Bio

Clue #5 Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Dharma

MrsPops

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty So WHO's going to be there

Post  RogerFro Sat May 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Rick,

I spent last night sleeping in my car outside the Koka Booth box office to be first in line and I now have 2 tickets at a VIP table and 4 seats front-row-center. I'm dying to know who the headliners are. I'm a lifelong Who fan and am hoping you make my decade, if not century.

Roger in Cary

RogerFro

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Concert Time?

Post  Enjoy_th Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:39 pm

For those who want to know who before they buy.. that's cool.. of course, I think the hints are enough to suggest a good time will be had and you'll be sad if you miss out. Roger Waters? Seriously? *swoon* I've got my families tickets lined up.. the one thing I can't figure out is what time the show is?

Enjoy_th

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Same Here!

Post  davethebuilder Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:50 pm

I bought tickets today and also would like to get an idea on time (for babysitter purposes). Looks like the show starts at 1:00 pm but how long will it go? I've been to several shows and festivals at Koka Booth (it's by far my favorite venue) and I think they have a "curfew" for noise ordinances. I don't think I've been to a show that went much past 10:00.
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Start Time

Post  Rick Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 pm

I can help with this: Around 1 p.m. for 3-4 emerging artists we are hand picking to play a set each (Parmalee out of Greenville, NC is one example); probably 3:30ish for the start of a reunion band set that will close with a full set by the Connell's around 6; and the headline show will likely start around 7:30 or 8 and go until 11.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  apc123 Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 am

1) Mark Hitt

2) Steve Luongo

3) Mark Farner

4) Joe Lynn Turner

5) Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult

apc123

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm

apc123 wrote:1) Mark Hitt

2) Steve Luongo

3) Mark Farner

4) Joe Lynn Turner

5) Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult

You sir...are a genius!!
davethebuilder
davethebuilder

Back to top Go down

The Clues??? Empty Clues

Post  Rodg44 Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am

All he had to do was look at my answers.I had all the answers long ago Very Happy

Rodg44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down